Monroeville Arts Council 2017 Events
is proud to provide support to artists, musicians, and those who appreciate the arts in the community. MAC’s goal is to provide a wide variety of opportunities with no admission charges to the public. Your membership with support by UPMC East can allow the following activities to continue throughout 2017:
- Educational Outreach: Guest Artist Demos and Workshops scheduled for March 25 and October 21 at Monroeville Public Library (MPL).
- Crafting Workshop at MPL on April 29 for intergenerational participants ages 13 and up.
- Kids’ Art in the Park at Monroeville Municipal Park, Pavilion #5, for children of all ages on June 17.
- Sunrise School Outreach in partnership with Gateway to the Arts.
- Annual Sunday afternoon July Summer Concert Series at Gateway Middle School. July 9,16 and 23. (4-6:00 P.M.)
- Gateway High School Awards, supported by Biondi Motors, for seniors continuing their arts education.
- A wide variety of community outreach activities that support all ages.
Monroeville Arts Council free concerts! At the Gateway Middle School auditorium (intersection of Old William Penn Hwy. and Route #48). Sponsored by MAC, UPMC East and Gateway School District 4 to 6 PM. Gateway Middle School is air-conditioned and handicapped accessible.
- Sunday, July 9, Judi Figel and Her Band
- Sunday, July 16, Etta Cox, and Her Band
- Sunday, July 23 East Winds Symphonic Band
It is vital to receive members’ and volunteers’ support to offer these valuable activities. Board meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month, 7:00-9:00 pm at the Monroeville Public Library. Come with your ideas and support!
To receive a response to answer your specific questions regarding MAC, call 412-373-0277.
MAC is a 501(c)3 organization.